View single post by Greg Fletcher
 Posted: 03-03-2006 09:08 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Greg Fletcher

140 is the original stated horsepower. I think technically that the test was done with Dellortos on home market cars, but the Strombergs are only off by a very small margin. A well running, tuned 907 engine is a great thing to behold. I can't say about the quarter mile, but the JH probably isn't best as a drag car.

Not many kits these days that I know of other than the new Dellortos we have in the Club Store, but if you're handy you can piece together all the various used bits without much trouble, there's always used stuff bouncing around somewhere.

I don't recommend Webers on the 907. The Dellortos are an improved version of the Weber and offer a much better progression that the 907 needs. I ran Webers for a few years way back when and it is impossible to complete rid yourself of mid-range popping. That may not bother you, but I found it annoying.

The members of the club are probably one of the best resources you're likely to find. The wealth of information is considerable and I've always found that owners are quick to help out with whatever they can offer.