View single post by Turboswede
 Posted: 03-03-2006 08:00 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Turboswede

I am planning on doing any mechanical work the car requires I, I have some experience working on cars and have changed the suspension, transmission, floors and induction on a BMW 2002 so I am looking forward to trying something different.  Especially now that I don’t need to work in my driveway.

Now it seams that even with all the early 70’s emissions gear and the stock ZS carbs the 907 produced 140 NET horsepower, is that correct?  If that is the case then there was little in 74’ that could touch the JH in performance for twice the price.  It’s just hard to believe that the little Jensen will beat a stock 75’ Corvette convertible in the quarter mile.  That’s what American cars are made for, right?

I don’t know a lot about the Dellorto carbs but I have experience with the Weber DCOE’s on my old 2002, is there a Weber kit for the 907 motor that will allow one to run 45 DCOEs?  Just that sound……

In general are the Dellortos similar to Weber side drafts?  I know they were the stock parts on the Lotus motors in the home market.

BTW, what support is available here in the PNW?  I must admit I see quite a few Jensen Healys around (usualy parked)