View single post by Joel
 Posted: 12-12-2005 08:14 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

I think I have most of the gremlins out of the ignition system. I have not driven the car in a while as I've been too busy to futz around w/ it. So, on Sunday I decided to go for a drive - lots of friends in town to pick me up, tow me, or just lend moral support if I broke down. . .

She ran like a champ. Better than ever. The new ignition bits seem to be coming together.

New problem, I had the fan disconnected. No big deal it's a cool 65 degrees here and as long as I was moving the temp stayed well below the middle of the guage. I would say it took 20 minutes or so for the guage to hit midpoint.

But, as the temp climbed my power disappeared and the oil pressure started to drop. I know it was temperature dependant because until the temp guage reached the middle she ran like a champ. At one point I got stuck in traffic and the guage crept just a wee bit past the center point - no where near 'hot' - the pressure dropped even futher and of course power went completely 'bye-bye'.

I reconnected the electric fan, drove slowly home and let everything cool down - again it never really got too hot but was running just above the center of the guage.

I started the car up this morning - oil pressure is back up to well over 50# at idle (800-1,000rpms).

Any ideas?