View single post by Mitch Ware
 Posted: 12-03-2005 01:30 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Mitch Ware

Well, perhaps not the best example, that photo only shows how it hooks up to the "frame rails" of the unibody.

the sway bar has two verticle links that go from the back of the lower control arms to the front ends of the sway bar (one on each side of the car). From there the sway bar connects to the front lower edge of the two frame rails of the unibody. These connections are made through a plate that is held onto the frame rail by a U-bolt that is inserted through each rail.

I have no idea how mentally ill I must have been to start the restoration of a TR6 for my wife so soon after I got the JH on the road. But the impact has been that I haven't even gotten around to putting the front and rear sway bars, or uprated springs, on my JH yet.

Tomorrow I am putting the JH out at my friends shop for winter storage where I will be able to get around to the projects that really need to be addressed. Such as a valve adjustment, pulling the steering rack to send it out for a rebuild, installation of the sway bars, etc.

I tell you one thing, almost every aspect of restoring a JH is easier and cheaper than doing a TR6. And you end up with a better car!

Mitch Ware
1974 Jensen Healey JH5 #111119670
1971 Triumph TR6 #CC66950LO