View single post by noomg
 Posted: 04-10-2024 03:11 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
noomg

JM2CW,

I'm glad to hear your install went off without a hitch as mine didn't. The only reason I can think of for that is maybe all restorations are all a bit different. On mine with the dash in place and the windshield posts in their holes the bottom of the windshield was obstructed by the dash and couldn't be rotated into place. Eventually with a lot of lube, jiggling, and some minor paint scratching I worked it into place. I was about ready to pull the dash before it slipped into finally place.

Vance,

I too was drawn to the elegant simplicity of the design. Once you get it on the road I think you'll find the driving experience to be delightful. In comparison to the Wedge the steering is quick and very light and the overall feeling of the lightness of the car will become readily apparent.

Looking at motor upgrades you're probably finding the tuning options for the 907 are almost infinite. The most common upgrades for the motor include the 2.2 stroker kit, Dellortos and either 104 or 107 cams plus a few other bits. This combo will push you up to around the 190hp range. That's a lot more HP than Lee Mueller had when he won the SCCA national championship in '73 driving a J/H.

While some guys on our Wedge website think they're crap I really like the Zeniths, they're easy to maintain and tune and very reliable. Since I've got to smog test every two years the carbs need to be up to snuff which is easy with the Zeniths.