View single post by JH12947
 Posted: 04-08-2024 06:05 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
JH12947

Here is what I have found out.

I pulled the tranny and removed the clutch cover and friction disc. All looked good there.

I put a dial indicator on the flywheel and the runout was negligible. All good there.

I pried the crank backward and forward using the crank pulley and the gauge reading for thrust was consistently "0.0055. This also seems good.

There is also no scoring on the flywheel or bolts that would indicated there is contact. (though clearance is still too small for my liking.)

What I did find is that the back of the flywheel is eating into the seal at the location shown in the photo below. Also in the following post there is a photo of the groove in the seal. You can see in the original photo in post 5 that there was very minimal contact with the seal in the prior installation.

I was very careful to leave the 0.10" recess between the housing and seal when I installed it so either this seal was thick or it walked forward when I pressed the cover on.

I guess my options are to install a new seal or have the flywheel machined slightly to reduce the step and increase the clearance. Thoughts?

Attachment: Flywheeel.jpg (Downloaded 31 times)

Last edited on 04-08-2024 06:08 pm by JH12947