View single post by noomg
 Posted: 04-08-2024 03:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
noomg

Vance,

I don't think that dirt in post #21 was from a flood, when I redid my J/H I removed the fenders and found some dirt back there, not as much but my car has lived it's whole life in SoCal. So while those inner panels do seal out most of the dirty road water some does get past. When I restored my Austin-Healey (no inner panels) I found two to three pounds of dirt in the back of the rear fenders on each side!

Your experience with Just Dashes is about normal, outrageously expensive, incredibly long wait times. They do dashes for a lot of 60s muscle cars so a dash for a $100,000 restoration probably takes priority over your $5,000 Jensen-Healey and I agree it's a lousy way to do business.

Swapping the lower suspension arms while out of the car was a good idea it's a real PITA when it's on the car. And yes you will want to add both front and rear anti-sway bars as they will make a significant difference in handling.

The paint turned out beautifully, I'm just curious which Triumph cars they used Delft Blue on? The TR7 I test drove was blue but as I recall it was a lighter blue similar to the Malaga Blue offered originally on the Jensen-Healey.

I'm just curious especially at this level of restoration, have you ever driven a Jensen-Healey?