View single post by vnavaret
 Posted: 03-28-2024 12:10 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
vnavaret

Lads:

Latest update on Rusty. I have finally completed the rebuild of my front suspension. Powder coated (expensive, will not be doing that on my next project), all new bushings, new KYB shocks, gaitors, tie rod ends, etc. I rotated the lower suspension arms so that I can add a front sway bar should I feel that the car needs it.

I spent some time waiting for the UPS man on a couple of occasions. I had failed to order a couple of bushings with a big order placed a couple of months ago, and I needed an internal spring compressor to reinstall the springs. I had some MacPherson spring compressors, but they were not up to the job. For the most part I used my vise to press in the bushings, but used some threaded rod and sockets in a couple of cases. BTW, getting tools from Amazon is much less expensive than Harbor freight, and if you are a Prime member they are delivered in two days. Recommended.

The rear axle has new bearings, a drain plug, and is fully painted so it should not rust for a while at least. I have the new bushings in the trailing and radius arms, but they are not yet attached to the axle.

I have been promised that my car will be back from paint "any minute now" for about 4 weeks. I am not in any rush as I still have lots of cleanup and prep to do on many small pieces. I may tackle the glove box next, it is in very rough shape as the felt has separated from the press board, and there are some tears that need work, as well as redyeing the felt, which is badly faded.

Vance

Attachment: JH Front Susp [1].jpg (Downloaded 73 times)

Last edited on 03-28-2024 12:17 am by vnavaret