View single post by Ed Weber
 Posted: 05-08-2022 05:02 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ed Weber

Hi everyone.

New owner of JH 19372, Stromberg carbs, haven't been able to get engine SN yet. Southern california car. PO had owned it for many years and got it in trade from someone living in the desert. Unable to get in touch with that PO.

Car is driveable, but in rough condition, Mostly straight body, a few spots rusted through. Needs entirely new interior, compete chassis strip and repaint. Drivers side floor gone. Leaks oil like a sieve.

I've always had a soft spot for British roadsters, and this one just sort of fell into my lap. I'm old enough to be thinking about retirement, but not old enough (or wealthy enough) to actually do it so this is going to be my project for the next few years as I ramp down my work hours and ramp up my me hours.

I know I'm going to put way more money into this than it'll be worth. That's not the point. It'll be fun, and best of all my wife is on board with fixing it up.

First up is brakes - they are leaking and I can't trust them. rebuilding or replacing the master cylinder, will probably replace all the brake lines.

Anybody got some info on who rebuilds brake boosters?