View single post by WhatsUpDOHC
 Posted: 11-25-2021 12:14 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
WhatsUpDOHC

Hello everyone!

Whelp, I did it.

I'm starting to think I'm crazy but Jensen Healey Mk1 S/N 11214 is now in my possession. I searched the site and it doesn't look like this is a "known" car.

Build date on the door jamb plate is 2/11/73. Yes, an early MkI but no real oil leaks...... I've already gotten the Martin Robey certificate and the build date on the car shows January 29, 1973. I'll find out more about this.

The car has its original Mustard paint and original engine. The paint is in amazingly good shape for 48+ years old with only surface rust in the footwells and trunk: Little/Nothing at the rockers and wheel wells.

The picture is from the previous owners - I haven't had a chance to take a picture other than the car coming in on the carrier.

After a timing belt and bearings, rust is next on the list (among about 50+ other things).

Perfect winter project car!

The car has performance cams (unsure of the manufacturer/grind), 9.5:1 pistons, a header and sway bars (with Strombergs).

The car is from an estate so receipts and history are scarce. There are some pencil written notes in a Delta catalog (This tells you how old *they* are). I did have the car reviewed by a local British car expert in Cleveland on a video conference call and everything checked out (compression tests showed 120 in all cylinders).

The way the car was put together and cared for tells me that the previous owner knew what he was doing and hopefully did things right. I'm told that he had other British cars and other Jensen Healeys and this is the one he kept.

Odometer doesn't work but last known mileage is 13,500. Can't be much more than this as I believe that the car sat since ~2014. The above mechanic flushed everything and performed a great deal of repairs/maintenance (clean tank/lines, new brakes, fluid changes, tires, U joints, exhaust, etc.) in July.

Hopefully I'll get some nice (aka dry and salt-free) weather in the coming weeks!

This site is a wealth of information and I'm looking forward to being part of the JH Community and LBC owners.

Many thanks to those who responded to my posts!

Shout outs to Randy Clary and Don Kuzma (Jh092) who have supported me through many email messages and texts while I figured out this and other cars.

And, at 6'5" I fit in the car without any issues (I'll still move the seat back)!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mark

Attachment: JH 11214 Pic.JPG (Downloaded 60 times)