View single post by noomg
 Posted: 06-02-2021 02:08 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
noomg

And yet a fourth Jensen-Healey just sold on BaT for $5700, it was a black & tan steel bumper 4sp. This one may have been the most interesting of the bunch.

It was a solid driver in pretty original, unrestored condition, right down to the original jack and boot cover. It also had fiberglass floorboards which would suggest they were fixed back in the day when it was still a daily driver to keep it on the road.

But the most interesting thing was the seller claimed it had the 2.2L stroker crank installed. The funny thing was the engine looked absolutely stock right down to the original goofy muffler looking air cleaner.

I'd be curious as to how guys here have done the 2.2L upgrade and absolutely nothing else to the motor. I think if you do this you'd naturally add some complimentary performance upgrades like Dellortos, hotter cams, and maybe some head work. They didn't even upgrade the air cleaners!

The seller said it was done in the mid '80s at a cost of $8000! That seems like an awful lot of money to install only a stroker kit, especially considering it was done 30+ years ago. I hope the buyer got what he paid for.