View single post by noomg
 Posted: 01-22-2021 03:33 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
noomg

Don,

You probably should have started this thread in the Projects topic, might have been a bit more visible. If you're interested you can go there and have a look at my resto.

It sounds like you're doing the full Monty, so you can choose any color/interior combo you like. I wouldn't worry to much about originality since your color choice is unlikely to affect the value one way or the other. So you might as well do it the way you want it.

I wouldn't worry about the door, it's probably a lot nicer than the one it replaced. Same thing with my hood, like your door it was probably a junkyard replacement. FYI, it was off a Malaga blue car.

I have to say, you're the first guy I've ever heard say he didn't enjoy driving this car. Since I've had mine only two other guys have driven my car, they both now own Jensen-Healeys. I've driven my J/H over 500mi in a day more than once with no problems at all. There must be a problem with this particular car, which is likely to be remedied with your full restoration.

The only Dynamat I used was in the doors, when closing them it gives a nice, solid, satisfying thunk. Being a roadster I didn't feel further sound deadening would make much difference.