View single post by noomg
 Posted: 01-21-2021 03:01 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
noomg

Don,

What in the world are you doing that requires a $2500 estimate, bodywork, paint, interior, or what? Traditionally estimates are free.

Also, I'm not clear on what's currently going on. You're sending your car to a paint shop to get it bead blasted? In my experience those two things are done at different places, even Chip Foose sends his restorations out for bead blasting. It's unlikely after bead blasting your car's going to be ready for paint, more likely bodywork and possibly some metal replacement.

If you're trying to determine the original interior color you might try looking in the corners for original scraps like kick panels, material glued to rear wheel wells, etc. Personally I wouldn't worry about the original interior color, Malaga Blue/Tan is a spectacular color combo.

I just recently finished my car, bodywork, paint, and interior. If you haven't settled on a paint shop I'd recommend R J's Paint&Body in Garden Grove, he does good work and won't charge an arm and a leg.

For the interior I went with Rejen, their quality is off the charts. My interior is tan(original color)and I also opted for leather, which I also highly recommend.