View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 11-02-2020 10:29 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

thank you very much for your response.

When I took the oil pump housing off, there was no way for me to disassemble the oil pressure relief valve. I seem to have a different model (probably Lotus Excel version) which doesn't have a pin to drive out that locks the oil pressure relief valve in place.

That said, the oil pump is definitely primed. If I turn the aux pulley by hand i can tell there is quite some resistance which wasn't there when the pump was not primed. I'm getting oil all the way up in the cam housing and quite a bit too and knowing I have an oil restrictor to the head, this is good news.

It is just that i'm having doubts as to whether or not the cranks is getting oil as I have no oil pressure reading on my gauge. There is the small chance that my oil pressure line is clogged or the oil pressure gauge is not working, or there is still air trapped as you say.

I have decided to rule out the obvious, so I will first check the oil pressure line to see if it is clogged and blow it out using compressed air, I will check the oil pressure gauge with my air compressor gun to see if it gives any reading. If the gauge works ok, then i will bleed the oil pressure line by spinning the aux pulley (drive belt off) again with the oil pressure line to the oil pressure gauge off. As soon as oil comes "gushing" out on the far end of the oil pressure line, then I should get pressure reading on the gauge so then I'll connect the oil pressure line to the gauge again.

Hope this works, otherwise I need to start over and backtrack where things might go wrong. I will send an update as soon as i can.