View single post by Jagwire64
 Posted: 08-15-2020 02:34 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jagwire64

The little .22 bullet thing is long gone I think. Trying to figure out the proper hose routing for the tank is mind bending.

The tank is a aluminum replacement, not sure who made it. Looking at the parts schematic on Martin Robey...

There are three nipples on the pressure relief valve side.
Top going through the floor venting to atmosphere. Nipple on rear going to the charcoal can in the engine. Nipple on the side toward front of car going to the brass T for anti siphon.

Mine is setup (without the T anti siphon) like Theymightberacing.com shows in tank replacement pictorial. He has the two lower nipple backwards...front nipple going to the vapor can and the rear a 2 inch tube plugged with a bolt (to anti siphon)

The fuel tank has the same connections as the schematic. I can only assume that is how my fuel tank should be setup.

My guess is it doesn't matter which nipple the hoses use as they both go to the same place...the top of the tank under the pressure relief valve?

At any rate, I will be changing the fuel pump so would like to sort the lines properly. I will set the lines as in the parts schematic..With a brass T for the anti siphon, and a generic fuel line check valve.

However, I am still not sure which way the check valve should work? My understanding of the anti siphon circuit is to prevent fuel from flooding the carbs when parked on a seep hill nose down.

So the flow of the valve should be running toward the tank? For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how it is supposed to work.

Last edited on 08-15-2020 02:46 pm by Jagwire64