View single post by Max_dvdt
 Posted: 07-24-2020 12:24 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Max_dvdt

So Kemp had purchased all the old surplus 2.2 turbo Mahle forged pistons and nikasil liners from Lotus

The thought when he sold me everything was those pistons with the 2.4 stroker crank would give us the compression needed - so we bought in the crank, rods, pistons, liners.

Then in our hiatus when I reached back to Kemp he said no the pistons won't work - not enough compression we tried it - failed to work. so given that I have the crank, the rods and the liners and crank were already fitted to the block - from that point I'm now stuck with the nikasil liners and I need new pistons (this is the long story alluded to earlier)

The oil pump was sourced from Kemp and is high flow

Back then I was a consultant working 60 hrs a week and had a little too much surplus cash.. the question was asked like this to Garry: "What can you possibly sell me to make an awesome engine (natural aspiration) - then after I got the list we asked again - are you sure there is nothing else.."

that gig unfortunately disappeared - so we are not planning on injecting it anymore - 48's and done. - probably 1 more year - its technically my sons car and he is going slow - pacing the engine guy from what I can see.