View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 07-01-2020 01:31 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

redracer wrote:
Very curious as to where you got your LED for the instruments? I got mine from ClassicCarLEDs.co.uk
earlier this year; they were (then) the only ones to have the screw in LED bulbs. I am testing both the 40 lumen and 100 lumen(the 10 lumens are way too weak). I have not had a problem with their length hitting the speed magnet?
bruce

That's interesting Bruce I think I did get them from that source about 6 months ago on ebay. It was from the UK. They have a blocky design with exposed circuit boards, and they are squarish at the end. They probably are around 5-7mm longer than a stock bulb. I also busted one screwing it in. I think I have a spare and can post a pic, let me see if I can find it.

Maybe I am going about this wrong, I pulled the bulb out a bit and am assuming this was the cause of the problem. Maybe some of the work I did gently seating the actual cable made the difference, or the care I took to position the cable.

I also have a spare speedo lying around somewhere, I can confirm what length the bulb needs to be to now interfere with the rotating bits.