View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 04-29-2020 03:34 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

If you're getting people calling it an MG or a Triumph you have people that at least can ID it as British. Every time I am out and about with it people just stare with a "deer in headlights" look at it and wonder. I once had a guy ask me if it was a first generation Miata.

Seriously, no one knows what this thing is. We should all start selling our cars for $100,000, because no one has this.

I remember in the 90's in high school seeing a few around town here and there, and that's SF- the heart of JH sales. I haven't seen one on the road in 15 years around here. I still see Triumphs and MG's all the time.

I know 7500 came to the USA, but these days how many are left? Maybe less than 1000? Hardly see any on Ebay, a few here and there on other car sites for sale from time to time.

Just finished reading Browning and Blunsden's "The Jensen Healey Stories". Amazing how Qvale was centering US distribution out of SF, really cool for me given my roots here.

I feel a kinship with the Lotus guys more than any of the other Brit car groups. They know the engine well, and are open to getting into it on that level. Most of the Jag, MG, and Triumph guys seem distant. They are probably jealous of the all aluminum dual overhead cams, honestly.

I did know 1 guy with an interceptor once, but he was totally uninterested in the JH.