View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 04-27-2020 09:46 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

I've been researching installing this ARP head stud kit I just received and there are a few things that are confusing. I am using the Goetze newer gasket (actually this one is black so maybe a knockoff?)

Hopefully this can turn into a reference for anyone else looking once this process is confirmed.

I called JAE to ask them what they thought the procedure should be. The person on the phone said go 30ftlbs, 60ftlbs, then end at 110ftlbs. They said no torque angle gauge necessary. They did not know the initial torque for the stud in the head? ARP on their website and in general recommends just hand tightening on the studs. They also recommend to thread chase the block threads (with a thread chaser and not a tap) and then fit the gasket and head on, then from the top feed in and and tighten the new studs, a technique to insure no damage to the top threads is sustained as the head it put on.

I called ARP and they said they had zero information, and told me to get specs from original seller, which is JAE.

Last edited on 04-28-2020 04:10 am by discogodfather