View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 04-17-2020 08:49 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

I called Barry Spencer and he gave me really good info. He thought it was a Dave Bean cam so I called them.

Turns out it is a Dave Bean cam, it was one of Dave's propriety grinds called 104 but hotter. They still sell it. It has a .420 lift and 290 duration, 104 lobe centers.

The cam is in pretty good shape so I was going to use it again, also considering the cost of one of these cams from them is $400.

With these numbers cam timing must be even more critical. Amazing these valves aren't bent, but I still have to pull a few and test them. Right now the plan is to disassemble, clean, and check everything. If it's ok then a lap and back together and degree it in properly.

I'll be using the ARP studs, was thinking of upgrading to some Gary Kemp parts, he has a heavy duty spring kit with titanium retainers, chrome moly tappets, solid machined spring bases. Very expensive but tempting.

If things get too hairy it's off to Barry for him to work on. If the seats are shot or any of the valves too bad I was also thinking about going with the sunbeam tiger big intake valves, is that a good upgrade? Was planning to keep things 2.0 for now.