View single post by discogodfather
 Posted: 02-29-2020 07:12 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
discogodfather

Finally got the new wheels on, looks great. Much better than the dune buggy look. The old stamped steel 15" wheels with the 255 cobras weighed 43lbs a piece together. The new 205 BFgoodrichs and the 13" weigh 31lbs a piece, so a huge weight savings.

Stripped two wheel studs in the front so decided to replace all of them because they are damn old.

Now she won't start again after I fooled with jets so I am fuddling around trying to see what's up. Thought it might be a timing issue but don't know, I did pop the distributor out because the clamp was too loose. After I but it back in it didn't run. Verified good voltage and a strong spark....hmmmmmm. Timing appears to be in the ballpark.

Anyone know of a method of determining if cylinder #1 is TDC at intake instead of exhaust?

The Lucas 43D is dry as can be, the oil seal I installed works perfectly. The old distributor leaked a bit and I found out it was a badly worn seal, so this is very encouraging. It just leaked a little but anything is bad.

Last edited on 02-29-2020 07:14 pm by discogodfather