View single post by Joel
 Posted: 10-19-2005 09:58 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

Thanks for some good ideas. I ran a wire from the battery to the coil and drove her around for a bit - no stalling out. So now I need to goof around with the wires a bit more.

I think I saw a really good wiring diagram on here a while back - I'm going to go thru the manual too but if anyone can job my memory where this might be it would be helpful.

#1) I need to run the wire from the tach to the dist.

#2) I need to figure out what all of the wires on the dist are for. On the pos side there should be one from the tach, one from the dist - and one that is no longer necessary that gives xtra juice for starting. On the negative side there is one from the dist and one more - where is this one from?

3) I had an interesting jury rigged wire that was hot wired from the fuse box on the left hand (driver's side) side of the firewall. This wire was just basically stuck into the fuse box and runs (ran) to a relay on the right front fender. It ran to the furthest plug in towards the engine (I can post a pic later - but I'm at work right now). This 'relay' has around 1/2 dozen imputs. I admit that i haven't looked at the diagram yet - but does anyone have any idea what the hey the PO(s) was trying to hotwire?

Unfortunately, I'm out of town for another week or so and won't be able to continue the saga until sometime next week.

Cheers,