View single post by Esprit2
 Posted: 12-31-2019 08:25 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Esprit2

Steve started 'JensenCars' on YahooGroups on June 13, 2013, and in the following 6+ years attracted only 17 subscribers. If that's all the interest there is/ was, then perhaps there's no loss in letting it go away.

Personally, I expected that there would be a bigger need, or at least interest in the info required to keep the cars on the road. I'm a 'wrencher' and a little OCD about gathering specs & how-to info, so maybe my view is a little off the reality mark. But still, I was surprised by the gross lack of interest.

Granted, there wasn't much initial content there for the 'Jensen' guys. The intent was that the group's Files and Photos sections would be open for owners to upload and SHARE what they had, but that never happened. My own focus was on the Jensen-Healey's Lotus 907, so I populated that folder with a bunch of "Lotus" tech data that's not otherwise readily available to JH owners, plus some how-to stuff. But other than a few Electric Schematics, I didn't have much to offer for the big-engine 'Jensen' guys. And unfortunately, that lack of content never changed... ie, no one else uploaded anything.

When the word came out that YahooGroups was going to delete all user-uploaded content (ie, 'everything' in JensenCars), my first reaction was to start a clone group over on Groups.io. But after reviewing the apparent lack of interest over the last 6+ years, I decided to let it go.

I'm seriously NOT a fan of Facebook, but at least the Jensen-Healey Facebook page has a "Files" section, and it's rather well populated with Tech & How-to files. Maybe that's all that's required.

Regards,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 12-31-2019 08:34 pm by Esprit2