View single post by tallyhoe
 Posted: 11-23-2019 03:22 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
tallyhoe

I looked at the car also and saw the rust on the door jam which is an odd place to have it. The hood has had repair as is typical for people who try to close it without releasing the hood support latch. The crumpled area above the support is the tell tale sign. I did not spend as much time looking it over as I should have but it looks like something else happened to the hood that I am sure ended up with more bondo in it. I liked the color combination and if your plan for it is a fun driver it is good enough after the mechanicals are tuned up. Having just stripped to bare metal and repainted w/ new interior, brakes/clutch on 13911 I have WAY too much experience. Brakes are a no brainer and easy, as are tires. It is always better to stop than go. Don't forget the rubber hoses. As I now start on my GT 30136 I also suggest finding a good therapist. We call this fun? It's an addiction and quite fulfilling when going down the road and nobody knows what the heck you are driving when you pass. A good exhaust note is always appealing. Jay