View single post by flatlanderep
 Posted: 07-30-2019 01:30 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
flatlanderep

I replaced thermostat was purchased from Delta. I replaced the coil with a back up I had from previous owner this weekend. I bought a cheap coolant tester and after 10 minutes of letting the engine run and tested the coolant temp. Using this product, temp was 268 degrees, coolant at max protection according to directions. Today I let it idle in driveway for about 10 minutes and went about 1 mile in my neighborhood, about 5 minutes. I noticed that I was losing power even as I floored the gas pedal and as I turned into a parking and shifted from 3rd to 2nd, the car stopped. I started it back up and put it in 1st, the car would not move and the engine stopped. Started it again and tried reverse, same thing, car would not move. I left it there, walked home and then went back in 1 hour and stared right up and drove it home. Decided to let it run at idle in driveway for 45 minutes and nothing happened., so put it back in garage.

Not sure how to solve this and I don’t want to go back to mechanic to spend more $$ trying to figure this out. Frustrating because it starts and can idle in my driveway but cannot go more than a mile,