View single post by cjwilson
 Posted: 07-14-2019 08:42 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
cjwilson

Just getting my 73 JH back on the road from being parked for years. I changed out my brake hoses all the way around. Brakes assemblies in each wheel are untouched. I put in a new or slightly used TR6 Master Cylinder and of course new fluid (The previous owner was unsure if it had ever been used and it looked unused when I received). Also my Pressure Differential Warning Light has been lit for some time now.

After about 20 minutes of great spirited driving, pedal went soft. It came back up after a pump or two. I got the car home with no issues other than having to pump brakes once or twice each time in order to stop. Popped the hood and see the brake fluid levels are good, but maybe dropped slightly, maybe not. But it was startling to see the fluid in the rear chamber (front brakes) to be dark brown. Front part of reservoir (rear brakes) fluid was still new looking.

Today I pulled the pressure differential switch, thinking an o-ring there has failed, causing both the dark fluid and the dash light. O-rings looked ok, no pitting in the cylinder and was stiff to move pistons from side to side. Also, there has been a bit of brake fluid showing around the switch for a while. I unplugged the switch and the dash light stayed lit.

I would sure appreciate any feedback here saying where to start and if anyone has had this same issue!

Attachment: IMG_0666.jpg (Downloaded 87 times)

Last edited on 07-14-2019 08:46 pm by cjwilson