View single post by mgreaves
 Posted: 07-01-2019 03:46 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
mgreaves

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.
I have a Jensen-Healey She sits in my garage for 90% of the year and comes out for a joyous drive some 30 or so excellent driving days every year. Sitting for long periods has a two-fold risk as her bearings would be dry and she can take a little coaxing back to life, all the while grinding her internals.

I have been toying with the idea of installing an electric geared oil pump
to allow me to pre-lube before cranking.

This would be plumbed out of the drain plug ("T" connector so I can still drain my oil without disassembling the plumbing), through a screen, filter (possibly with magnets) passing through a standard oil filter before entering a one-way valve and into a "T" joint breaking into the supply side of the oil cooler hose.

I'm aware of the Acccusump/ Morrosso Oil accumulators, however, I like the idea of having as much oil pumped into the glands until full pressure builds (60 PSI I assume) And I don't like the possibility of having too much oil in the pan if it takes too long to start (emptying the 3 Qrt Accusump into the sump). I also like the ability to turn on the pump while sitting at traffic lights in our long hot summer days when hot oil can cause the pressure to hover very low.

My question is: Has anyone done this before?

I have a drawing (diagrammatic) attached below and have found a 12V gear pump for $90 AUD on ebay which dispenses 14 LPM (open flow) That's 3.7 GPM for my American cousins) and will trip a fuse at 150PSI.