View single post by Rick in Miami
 Posted: 03-04-2019 09:39 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rick in Miami

After trying to rescue my pin-holed fuel tank with various sealers, it just turned out to be too far gone. The obvious pin holes soon turned into many more not so obvious ones. The bottom surface looked like a really bad case of acne – a really, really bad case. I bit the bullet and sprang for the aluminum tank on ebay - $399.95 w free shipping. Ordered it on a Wednesday evening and received it the following Wednesday morning. Not only was the shipping free, it came packaged in a very sturdy plywood crate. This tank is very nicely constructed. It fits very well although I had to trim the ends of the fat filler nozzle hose so the sealing gasket could be installed more easily. The take off for the ¼” anti-siphon hose was 5/16” but not a difficult work-around.

I found the original anti-siphon valve in the original anti-siphon hose but it had been mistakenly tee’d into the pressure relief hose. I’ve attached a couple pics of the valve (its .25” diameter) as well as the restrictor for the emissions tubing.

When installing the sender, I used an original rubber seal instead of the nylon one supplied with the tank. I also had to use 2 spacer rings between the metal sealing ring and outside surface of the sender to take up some slack. I cut these rings from the side of a plastic milk/water jug . To be on the safe side I also spread a thin film of Permatex anaerobic gasket maker on both sides of rubber seal. Pressure tested before installing. No leaks.

Attachment: valve 1a.jpg (Downloaded 101 times)