View single post by Tom Bradley
 Posted: 11-16-2018 01:23 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Tom Bradley

The HV cables I mentioned were the high voltage cables from the coil to the distributor and to the spark plugs. The magnecor cables should be OK. The spark plugs are questionable. According to the e3 web site the 3.46 plugs are equivalent to the N9Y plugs in the JH manual, but they are not recommended for the JH. My guess is that the fixed gap is larger than the 0.025" gap recommended for the JH. Since the web site did not specify the gap I don't know if it is large enough to cause reliability problems or not. For debugging purposes I would use a standard plug gapped to the specified 0.025". Once everything is running reliably, then you can try out plugs with larger gaps.

Do you have a fuel filter in line? I have one with a clear case installed just before the fuel T. It makes it easy to see if there are any contaminants coming in from anywhere.

This is the first time I have heard of an oil pressure switch for turning off the fuel pump. I have no idea how reliable it would be and how to make sure it is not cutting off power to the pump when it should not. If in doubt, I suppose bypassing it temporarily would rule out that cause.

Tom

Last edited on 11-16-2018 01:24 am by Tom Bradley