View single post by Joel
 Posted: 10-11-2005 04:15 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

One of these days I'll actually be DRIVING this car instead of sitting alongside the road w/ it. . .

Interesting problem. I think it's temperature dependent but I'm not sure. I'm driving along and the motor simply dies - stopped, kerplooey, kaput. Cranks fine, lights work, everything seemed ok. It just won't fire.

After fiddling around a bit - she cranked right back up. I go another 5 blocks or so and - completely dies again. I let her cool down (not running hot mind you - the guage was just barely starting to move up) and she starts right up. Yep, you guessed it - another 10 blocks and it happens again.

I'm pretty sure it's electrical as it IMMEDIATELY dies. No sputtering, puttering or hesitation - just bang - it's dead.

This just happened last nite. Fortunately, I was only a couple of blocks from home. I haven't messed around with it yet to see if I can make it happen again. The interesting thing is that I drove it last week probably 30+ miles on a little jaunt and had no problems. It did cut out one time (same as described above) but it started right up and ran no problem.

Any ideas? I'm thinking there must be some temperature dependent switch I need to check on. I just haven't had time to think about it yet.