View single post by flatlanderep
 Posted: 10-06-2018 03:31 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
flatlanderep

I purchased a 1973 JH 2 years ago with Dellortos. It was not running well and I took it to a British car repair shop in Durham, NC last summer. He worked on carbs and a lot of other work as well. Been running fine until 2 weeks ago when it started sputtering when I picked up speed but made it home. Subsequent short test drives were similar and when I had it revving in the drive way, it would sputter and die. Decided it was not getting fuel at the carbs. Bought new Facet pump and filter from Delta. Bought new fuel line tubing at local auto store and installed and started right up. Took it out for short drive around neighborhood and all seemed good. Was going to take it out tonight for a drive but soon as I started it, revs very rough, sputtered, with loud mis-fires and then sputtered and quit. Been reading all the posts and I did not notice the in line bullet shaped flow regulator so assume did not have one. Only other thing I read is the fuel hose diameter in the trunk. Shop gave me 3/8" but posts mentioned 5/16. Could this be the problem? Also, how do you measure pressure in fuel line at the carbs? Any help is appreciated.
Steve (Greenville, NC)

Last edited on 10-06-2018 03:31 am by flatlanderep