View single post by DonBurns
 Posted: 10-02-2018 05:50 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
DonBurns

Noomg- RVI tachs use an Impulse signal as the signal to drive the tach, RVC uses contacts signals from the distributor (I think that's close anyway). The consensus, not just on this forum but others is that RVI is very often a problem when used with electronic ignition and it seems pretty common to do this modification. The issue I am seeing with an unstable tach has been fixed by others by converting to RVC. My understanding is that all modern tachs are RVC.

Tom- How did you supply 12V to the coil? It looks like the easiest would be to run a white wire from the now unused white wire that used to go to the tach to the + side of the coil. And I understand that the White / Slate wire from the tach moves from the + side to the - side of the coil, but I see some recommendations to run new wires all the way. I have all new wiring so the connections should be pretty clean. If you did not use the old white female connector, where did you splice into? I always worry about adding to a circuit that can't handle the current and anyway hate to butcher my pretty new harness. For the aux fan, O2 meter and Accusump I used relays and ran power straight from the battery. It's getting really challenging to feed more wires through the bulkhead grommets, though.

Apparently my problem with my practically new Innovate 02 meter suddenly going wacky for stability isn't that rare. I found references to this on a number of forums for different cars (BMW, American Muscle, etc etc) with no solution but to buy a new one.

My oil leak through the Pertronics dist seems to be getting rapidy worse. Before barely a sheen of oil before now a puddle. Probably won't make much progress until rebuilt Smiths arrives.