View single post by DonBurns
 Posted: 09-30-2018 06:59 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
DonBurns

My JH has never stranded me, but I have not driven it much. I am grimly determined that it be absolutely 100% sorted out before I take it to paint and body. I rebuilt my first JH myself, but on this one I decided to have a professional speed / machine / dyno shop do it, and then opted to have them install the engine and do final set up and tuning. They ended up charging quite a bit more than the estimate and delivered a car that was barely drivable. Took it back a couple of times and finally decided to give up on them. I do not recommend Superior Automotive in Placentia. Have since taken to two different tuners who made some improvement, but I'm still not happy. With this much invested (time and money) I want it perfect.

I will try to get to the next meeting. Maybe it's not as bad as I think - a reality check might be a good idea. I received the RVI - RVC kit for the tach yesterday, and hopefully will have the new distributor by then also. I have asked Greg about supplying a 45D instead of a 25.

I was under the impression that you needed to use the hot coil with the Pertronics Ignitor? Is that not true and the combination of 25D, Pertronics Ignitor and standard coil is better?