View single post by answerman
 Posted: 09-21-2018 04:40 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

DonBurns wrote:
The brand new Pertronix distributor is also leaking a little oil into the cap. I saw a thread on this a recommendations to get the McMaster-Carr 9505K17 oil seal. Does anybony know if these fit the Pertronics distributor as well as the original? I assume so since the shaft is the same diameter, but not sure about the actual groove for the seal.
Late to the party, but I believe I can answer this for you.

I went through the same thing a few years ago: I was troubleshooting some ignition issues and decided the easiest thing to do was to replace the original Lucas distributor with a Pertronix Flamethrower distributor purchased from Delta. It solved my ignition problems just fine, but started leaking not long after.

I lived with it till last winter and finally called Delta about it. I basically was asking the same question about the seal. Mike from Delta actually chased around at Pertronix until he got an answer, which is that (a) no, there is no seal, and (b) no provision for one.

So, I ended up having an original distributor rebuilt (that's a story in itself) and fitted it with a Pertronix Ignitor II.