View single post by Tim Murphy
 Posted: 09-19-2018 08:35 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Tim Murphy

Don, even if your JH isn't running you can come to a JHPS meeting, just drive another car. There are usually a couple of us there that didn't drive their JHs. If you just had your servo rebuilt, that probably isn't the problem. If it is easy for you to test, give it a try. My guess is that the oil seal o-ring should be the same. I remember I had to put oil on the o-ring and top of the hole to get my distributor back in. It is a very tight fit. I am not sure how oil leaks into the distributor. Does it migrate up the outside of the shaft and then is splattered around by the rotating plates? In any case, I agree with Tom Bradley to fix that problem first.

Tom Bradley-I don't know that much about electronic circuitry but I would be worried if I connected my battery b+ to the coil + that it would put too much amperage into the system and harm the coil or the electronic ignition. Is that an unwarranted fear? Could one run there engine for a long time with that connection? Also, I didn't think your post was too long and was, in fact, very astute and informative.

Take care all.