View single post by oldschool1977
 Posted: 06-04-2018 07:52 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
oldschool1977

Frank Schwartz wrote: You are right...quite pricey...
I bought a set for my Jensen Interceptor from another manufacturer over in the UK and they were about 800 dollars.
Now, I wonder if you can tell me how much improvement those you bought have made.
Thanks

The link Tom provided are the ones I bought. BCC- British Classic Cars, It's a bolt on kit with minor modification to the backing plate, Had to shave 1/4" off the bottom. They are not cheap by any means, but with the stock brakes I wasn't stopping so I needed something.

My entire brake system was new when I put the car together, hoses, lines, calipers rebuilt with new pistons, new master and booster ect. With the 250hp 350ci running at 98mph in the 1/4 I didn't slow down enough to exit the track till the last exit (3rd exit), nearly an 1/8 of a mile to slow safely enough to make a turn. Normal every day driving they worked great without a single issue. With the 406ci motor everyday driving the brakes would grip and would have been fairly adequate as long as I didn't find myself in a heavy braking situation. But under power the brakes would cause the car to spin (one side would heat up so bad it released).

With the BCC brakes (3hr install including bleeding the brakes), at the track I can make the first exit off the strip after a 102mph 1/4 mile pass. Everyday driving is smooth as glass on the braking. I did some power and fast stop tests and my 5pt harness nearly bruised my shoulders, the braking is as near instant as anyone would want them.

So long winded, but I wanted to give an honest overlook on what my findings with them are. Could a hopped up J-H with the Lotus 4 get by with the stock brakes and a Dot4 synthetic fluid, I would think comfortably so. But if your really putting major power to the pavement the BCC caliper kit is a phenomenal bang for the buck.