View single post by oldschool1977
 Posted: 04-08-2018 03:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
oldschool1977

The next issue to resolve before It could drive was the brakes. I had purchased and mounted the master cylinder replacement I heard of everyone else doing which was the TR6. And while I had yet to bleed the brakes and try it I did fire the motor which ran pretty badly due to a vacuum leak. I traced the leak back to the brake booster, and that kinda sealed the deal for me to try some new tricks for the brake system. At Hot August Nights in Reno,NV I found a dual diaphragm booster with dual master cylinder that looked like I could make it work. Since the front brakes where stock J-H and the rear was ford I figured the dual master would help me run the correct fluid for both rather than trying to run one off the wrong fluid type.

Pulling the box off the firewall was a must. But everything bolted into the stock J-H locations and fit like it was made to be there. A couple brake lines was the only fabrication needed. even retained the stock proportioning valve

Edit Note: While many of the mods done on my car are due to the nature of what it is, This is one mod I think might be helpful for other J-H owners out there. The stock brakes actually really bite considerably better than with the other booster and master set up (drove a friends restoration). And with the 250hp 350ci after a pass down the drag strip at full throttle the stock brakes worked like a champ. and for in most cases a price of $350 its a great alternative as long as your ok with the loss of purity of looks.

Last edited on 04-08-2018 03:50 pm by oldschool1977