View single post by PF18602
 Posted: 03-30-2018 05:31 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
PF18602

Hi all,

Proud new (2nd!) owner of 18602 in San Diego, CA. 34,999 on the odometer, but it wasn't functional when I got it moving, so who knows at this point. Was well taken care of though, with good upgrades while still keeping it mostly stock.

Manufactured on 10-30-1974 as yellow, was painted red, and I bought it in 10/2018 as a burnt orange. Hoping to be able to bring the red back without repainting just yet.

She had been sitting in Arizona untouched for 13 years and was brought to SD to sell. A true barn find; all complete, but sputtering heavily. Drove it to the trailer and towed it from there...

Currently up and running well after 3-4 months of solid part-time work on just about every mechanical system on the car. Only a few mistakes along the way, but the rewards are great! Now just need to get it running super well and work on the aesthetics so I can show her off.

Shout out to all those who have contributed so much of their endless knowledge to the threads on this site. A priceless resource for a virgin car restorer.

More to come. And Hope to see some of you at the SoCal monthly meetups.
Patrick