View single post by johnfalveyross
 Posted: 03-25-2018 11:50 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
johnfalveyross

Hi Tom,
Thanks for explaining how to use the analyzer. My friend came over today and after trying a few things we pulled the distributor and the points were cooked, well done cooked. I had purchased the rebuild kit from the club store prior to getting the distributor rebuilt at Advanced so I had an extra set of points and condenser. I believe we gapped them correctly. We reinstalled the distributor and tested to see if we had spark by pulling the #1 plug wire and installing an extra plug. We had no spark. We used the multi meter and tested the to see if we had power at the coil while cranking which we did. My buddy was reading the multi meter and He said it was reading 11.4v. I tested the battery and got a little over 12.

Fortunately I do have a timing strobe light so if I ever get it running again I’ll be able to time it. I am going to get a different coil because all these problems started when I tried switching over to that Bosch coil. The car was running good prior to that. Once the new coil gets here I’ll have a go at the tests you described with the analyzer and hopefully gather some useful data.

I pulled the gage cluster and cleaned all the connections and added some dialectic grease. Not the end of the weekend results I was hoping for but I know more than I did on Friday. Thanks for your help.