View single post by johnfalveyross
 Posted: 03-23-2018 10:47 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
johnfalveyross

Hi Tom,
Thanks so much for your reply. I do have a multi meter but I never considered the extension cord attachment you described. I will try to make one of those up over the weekend. Unfortunately the ignition is still points. I did have the distributor rebuilt last summer by Jeff at Advanced so everything there is new as are the plugs,plug wires and alternator.

I believe the Bosch Blue coil I purchased has an internal ballast. I am suspect of the coil because this whole problem started when I tried to switch out the Remy Delco coil that came with the car with the Bosch. I have heard that there are some bootleg Bosch Blue coils out there but I don't know enough about them to be able to tell. I will try and test as many things as possible over the weekend as well as clean and re-clean any connections. I will also check the fuse again just to be sure. I have a friend coming over Sunday Morning who has owned a lot of British cars in the past. Hopefully he will be able to help. I will post any findings. Thanks again for your help and guidance.
Best-John