View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 09-30-2005 07:12 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

i'll surely post the plots as soon as i get them. Garry Kemp decided for the 907 block mainly because there would be less work involved for me, as it requires serious alterations to the subframe i believe. Also in terms of strength, Garry assured me when 10 doweling the block it will be more than adequate for my purposes and a strengthening plate is absolute not necessary he said unless i am using it for the track/races.

So he put baffles in the sump and a perforated plate on top to solve the oil problems 907 are known for and of course a restrictor in the head. The perforated plate is a novalty.

The 2.2L head  has been gasflowed and i chose for the HC cam carriers because the improved design prevents oil leaks and because i think they look good (matter of taste).

My pistons are JE 11:1, but I believe the compression i'm running is more like 10.9:1 and Garry installed a X-drilled Lotus crank.

When Garry comes over, which will be very soon, i'll ask him the specs of the cams. Meanwhile, i have some work to do before the engine comes.

Thanks