View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 09-29-2005 09:24 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

It has been a while since the last update, but here is what i have done till now:

Sanded floorboard undersides down to bare metal, prepped and repainted with POR 15 black. After i have reinforced the front frame rails (where the front sway bar will be mounted), then the complete underside gets a topcoating POR 15 Chassis Coat Black.

I resprayed the engine bay Malaga blue. The front valence took a lot of work, but is looking good again.

Now building up again. I have put the front wheels on the subframe and its is now waiting for the 2.2L engine, which will come early october.

The 2.2L engine has been dyno-ed. I'm still waiting for the sheets but here are some figures: Top peak power of 210 BHP @ 6250 rpm, top torque of 175 lb ft @ 5000 rpm! And 135 lb ft torque @ 2500 rpm!

Very torquey engine with the top torque at 5000 rpm is awesome, whereas normally it is found at 5500 rpm.

I still need to do a few things. I'm awaiting aluminium fuel tank, new 3 core radiator, su fuel pump. Then i need to weld stainless steel u-frames over the current frame rails. Top coating the underside. Toyota 5sp gbox conversion...that will take most of the time. Then last but not least, lift the car and roll engine/gbox together with subframe in position and drop the car right over it.

well no more words, have a look

http://jhppg.com/gallery/album69