View single post by Dave427
 Posted: 01-01-2018 07:39 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dave427

Hi All,

Long time classic car guy (admittedly Corvettes and Musclecars) but new to the site and new to Jensens.

Helping a family member get his 74 Jensen Healey back on the road. It's been sitting for the better part of 25 years. All in all not in terrible condition though.

New battery installed, fluids checks/ topped off, marvel mystery oil added to the motor. Go to start the car and it will crank once and then nothing. Won't start. Try to turn the key a second time and again only one crank.

The car had an Ungo security system which we removed as my family member did not remember the code. There are a bunch of spliced wires under the dash / loose wires in the engine compartment. (see below pictures of the wires around the coil and a gray wire under the dash). Any idea where they go?

Being that the car will crank once I'm not sure it's a wiring issue however I would like to get the wires connected where they should be. What else could this issue be? I was thinking the starter but if that was the case I don't think it would crank at all. If fuel pump than it would in theory crank but never start. This is the first time working on JH so would love to learn the tricks of the trade.

Thanks,
Dave