View single post by Rick Willard
 Posted: 06-27-2017 02:27 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rick Willard

For what it's worth, Delta also sells the rubber for the side markers - at least they did 2 years ago when I got the rubber for all 4 of my markers. It is the "Spitfire" mold, which means that it doesn't have that "tapered profile" like the originals. However, the rubber is brand new, soft, and holds together perfectly when you have to change a bulb (which I had to do a couple of weeks ago). Delta gets $20 per marker, and it's completely worth it. You receive the rubber for the marker and just move everything else (meaning the internal mounting plate under the reflector, the bulb socket, the red/yellow plastic pieces, and the chrome finisher) over to the new rubber. For me, it was a perfect fit and an economical alternative to trying to buy original "tapered" rubber that is about 4x more expensive than these rubber pieces. If our cars ever start to become crazy expensive collector cars and original tapered rubber is mandatory, I'll do it. Until then, I have yet to have a JH owner notice any difference, unless I specifically point it out. Thanks for posting on this subject!