View single post by Screenplay
 Posted: 06-15-2017 05:30 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Screenplay

Hi Stu,
Great to hear it's on the road.
Regarding the knock, have you checked the exhaust? That's right about where it passes over the differential. I believe if the mount here is the original style (these things do get changed over time) the pipe bracket hangs over the bracket coming off the bottom of the car, and the two parts sandwich a rubber isolator. That isolator could look fine, but is actually cracked. Push up on the exhaust system while under the car and see if moves enough to contact the underside of the body. Even if it's not the original style, the exhaust system seems to be a likely suspect.

Yes, there is a two piece cam belt shroud; Delta shows it in their catalogue. Also, I imagine someone is likely to have a used one; they should be plentiful, or is that optimistic?

My lights were always somewhat dim - some have said that a higher amp alternator can change things quite noticeably. But obviously there are other factors when it comes to electricity, and hopefully others who are wiser on the subject can weigh in.

Best of luck,
Clinton