View single post by stevegarnjobst
 Posted: 04-28-2017 01:36 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stevegarnjobst

It's been quite a while since I updated this thread. Unfortunately, the J-H's season was cut short last year, due to one of those stupid cast iron tappets flying into small pieces at the wrong time. The car has been sitting on the trailer until now, waiting for sufficient funds to finance the repair.

The good news is I just ordered a bunch of parts from LotusBits, including a re-built head, exhaust header, and a complete EFI system. I'm particularly excited about the EFI system, as I've seen the LotusBits kit in person, and it's a very nicely sorted package. I can hardly wait for a modern fuel & ignition system that will deliver reliable performance and not experience fuel starvation on long left-handers.

While the engine is out of the car, I'll install the lightweight flywheel and take a look at the transmission, as the 1-2 shift currently requires much finesse.

The initial round of suspension upgrades and weight reduction are pretty much complete, so I'll be impatiently waiting a couple months for a shipment from the UK.

-Steve

Last edited on 04-28-2017 01:37 am by stevegarnjobst