View single post by chrisl
 Posted: 04-09-2017 11:12 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
chrisl

Indeed the electrics are a frustrating mystery in this thing. The interior lights worked when I got the car; I switched them to 'off' so I didn't flatten the battery while working on it a couple of years ago and shorted them out. Got them going only for it to happen again - and now they are working perfectly after the 'panel' switch tweak (the clock is also keeping perfect time).

Go figure... To be honest as long as it starts and the brake lights work, I'm happy.

I am not looking forward to taking the dash apart. I have previously taken out all the other panels panels but not the centre piece with all the small instruments on it... Your tips appreciated.

I'll do some maintenance on the electrical connections at the same time although no doubt all the disturbance will stuff something up.

The original wood is de-laminating and looks a bit ordinary. I'm a reasonably competent woodworker so might make a new set of panels out of local jarrah (red/brown hardwood) or marri (much lighter); winter is coming and it's the time of the year when I can get lots done, too hot in summer.