View single post by NigelK
 Posted: 01-16-2017 08:52 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NigelK

I remeasured wheel arch heights this morning, as I've not used the car for several months and wanted to see whether the suspension had leveled off at all. Ground to wheel arch heights are ±5mm at the o/s front, n/s front and n/s rear, which is within the WSM specs. The o/s rear measurement is about 15mm lower than the other wheel arches.

I am wondering whether the o/s rear could be sitting low because of the damage to the o/s rear lower trailing arm bushing caused by misaligned lower trailing arm / chassis mounting holes and/or a twisted lower trailing arm. So I'll replace all the trailing arms and all the bushings (with Superflex PU this time, as it seems the metalastik bushings currently available are not up to the job) and then see where things sit.

Note that newly manufactured suspension components, including upper and lower trailing arms, rose-jointed control arms, and front upper wishbone arms adjustable for camber, are available from Adrian Foreman in the UK (turboade820 on eBay). I bought Adrian's lower trailing arms, and they are solid rectangular section steel and look much stronger than the Vauxhall-sourced originals.

Best wishes,
Nigel