View single post by Esprit2
 Posted: 11-29-2016 04:43 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Esprit2

This is a good upgrade over the OEM J-H tensioner assembly. Good stuff.

There are junk bearing brands out there in the world, but IMHO, you can't go wrong with SKF. They're a top drawer bearing manufacturer.

Flennor makes timing belts (like Gates, Goodyear, Dayco, etc). The tensioner bearing Flennor markets has recently become popular in the Lotus world, and JAE sells it... although they'll also sell you an SKF if you specifically request it.

Or you can get one of many comparable brands at a local bearing supply. Just drop the SKF part number, and they can cross-reference it. But by 'quality', don't buy cheap.

There's a visual clone of this bearing that has blue seals. It's one of those 'junk' bearings mentioned above, and every example I've seen has been bad out of the box. It's made in China. I don't recall the brand name, but it's something silly like "Blue Bird"... or blue-something. With blue seals. Stay safe, don't buy a bearing with blue seals. I know that excludes other good bearings that happen to have blue seals, but it will also keep you from this bad one.

Regards,
Tim Engel

Last edited on 11-29-2016 05:17 pm by Esprit2