View single post by Esprit2
 Posted: 11-22-2016 02:25 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Esprit2

If I understand you correctly, what you need is a version of the Lotus eccentric hub with more shoulder and less spigot... correct?

How about making a spacer ring to fit between the boss on the JH seal housing and the shoulder on the eccentric hub? Well... you've already shortened the hub's spigot? Then two spacers. One to put the spigot length back, and one to fill the gap between the seal housing and the hub's shoulder. I know, I know... that's starting to sound like a kluged up stack of parts; but it would work as a mock-up to evaluate the configuration.

You probably didn't intend to start a J-H upgrade parts business, but making a JH-specific version of the Lotus eccentric would be a good thing. IMHO, the purpose-built 'tensioner roller/ double-row bearing' is a better solution than the JH assembly of loose parts; and putting the adjuster hex on the front side is a great convenience.

Sorry if I led you down the primrose path on that one. The cylinder block and the eccentric hub are compatible in terms of the plane of the timing belt. It's the boss on the J-H front seal housing with which I have no dimensions or experience.

Keep us posted on where you go with this.

Regards,
Tim Engel

PS... for those of you in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.